Diversity & Inclusion Policy
Inner Peace Counseling, PLC strives to not only value but to promote diversity and inclusion in every aspect of its business and interaction with the ever-changing global community at large. Inner Peace Counseling, PLC recognizes that the company will function best and, therefore, serve the community best when the collective sum of the individual differences, life experiences, knowledge, inventiveness, innovation, self-expression, unique capabilities, and talent are acknowledged and applied. Therefore, Inner Peace Counseling, PLC firmly believes that every person has worth, unique talents and perspectives that are invaluable to the future growth of the company and will actively commit to the following:
- To cultivate and preserve a culture of diversity and inclusion not only for the communities served but also for all those providing services at Inner Peace Counseling, PLC.
- To promote differences in age, color, physical and mental ability, ethnicity, family or marital status, gender identity or expression, language, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, veteran status, or any other feature of identity.
- To not discriminate based on any such features of identity.
- To recognize that each person is their own unique individual not fully-classifiable by characteristics such as race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, or any other descriptor.
- To not engage in or tolerate any form or act of discrimination or harassment.
- To be open and accessible to all.
- To treat those served with respect and dignity at all times.
- To demonstrate fair and equitable treatment for all.
- To participate in community service efforts to advance diversity and inclusion each individual’s own lives and communities.
- To actively and indefinitely make efforts to broaden understanding and awareness of inclusion, diversity, and cultural competence.
- To not judge anyone by their skin/hair/eye color, body size, body shape, physical ability, or other bodily representation.
- To seek business with other companies whose values and commitment are also reflective of such efforts at diversity and inclusion.
- To provide equitable pay for each person relative to their job and skill level.